Monday 23 May 2011

Festival Fashion: Part Deux

Accessories? Obviously!

You know that I love, love LOVE accessories and believe that they can take a meh look and make it amazing, so I think this entire section should talk about which ones I’m taking along to complete my looks. Personally, festivals aren’t really the place for my most expensive or treasured items (The Chanel bag stays at home) just in case any of them were damaged or lost. It’s so easy to lose things and I don’t want anything ruining my good time. Here are the bits I’m taking….what else would you take?

clockwise from left: Bag warehouse, bracelets urban outfitters,headband Asos, rings H&M and Asos, necklace V&A shop, green necklace gifted, studded belt urban outfitters renewal, cuff urban outfitters, earrings topshop scaves Alexander Mcqueen and H&M
My festival bag should be large enough to fit my essentials (cash, ID, phone, lipbalm) as well as be pickpocket-proof. This bag has a drawstring as well and a snap closure.It's also across the body, leaving my hands free (okay, for holding drinks) and raving. I cannot stress the importance of having a secure bag that's not too heavy(so you won't keep putting it down). Also, the festival belt/bag combos are a much cuter version of a bum bag.
Both scarves are oversized and the red one is cashmere- perfect for keeping warm in the evening.Scarves are brilliant not only for finishing an outfit(around the head, neck, waist or as a top/dress) but they're practical if you want to sit down or use as a towel. Pick up a couple of cheap ones from the holiday sections on the highstreet.

clockwise from left: Floppy hat Asos, black hat warehouse, black rimmed hat topshop, ankle boots primark, scarf kookai

I'm also packing a couple hats to hide the inevitable bad hair days (dry shampoos can only do so much). I love the floppy version to add a 70's feel to my sundresses. Also these ankle boots are so comfy! I'll be wearing them with denim cutoffs or to toughen up my minidresses. I think I'll also bring some brogues and love deckshoes with shorts.

from left: Rayban wayfarers, Chloe Heloise sunglasses

No festival look would be complete without sunglasses. I'm only bringing two this time and keeping the shapes classic. I think cat-eyed shaped or coloured sunglasses are so cute and hope to see loads of them there, but personally I'd rather stay low key to compliment my looks.

Dree xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment